Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 6 - REST DAY - Pensacola, FL

Last night we had dinner with Pastor Brian and his wife Missi. We had a great time, the food was incredible and the visit we had with them was equally as good. We walked down on the beach on the Gulf and stuck our feet in the water. The sand over here is really cool, very pure. I introduced Missi to tweetdeck and in her words not mine "changed her life"! On the way back to the church Brian and I had a great conversation about airplanes and the Blue Angels specifically. It was a great way to end day 5.

Today didn't start out to well, for starters I had a really bad night of sleep. I couldn't get comfortable on the air pad that I had so around 1am I decide to relocate to the back row of the church chairs. I packed up my sheets and my pillow and made that back row my bed. It works okay, but was very depleted when it was time to get up.

We had a good hearty breakfast that consist of pancakes/eggs/bacon. It was nice to eat a good breakfast and not worry about the bike for a day. We cleaned up after breakfast and took on the task that needed to be completed. I took laundry duty with Shannon and Bill. We loaded up the car with the dirty clothes from 7 people included our cycling gear and headed to a laundry mat down the street. I think this is the second time i have been in a laundry mat. It wasn't so bad, we loaded up 5 washers and got them all going, then transferred them to the dryers as they came out of the washers. I spent the down time talking to the nice women working there and explained to her what we are doing and he told me about the time here and her sister drove to Yuma and she couldn't believe how big Texas was. I reminded her that we are going through Texas on our bikes...she looked at me and said "that's going to take a while" and i replied "yes ma'am it will" Once we were done there we came back to the church and the groceries crew was just getting back too. So we all helped get everything put away and had lunch. Shannon grilled us hot dogs and we had chips and drinks with them.

Now that we got all the necessities out of the way we headed down to the Naval Aviation Museum to check out the history of the navy aircraft. It did not disappoint. We spent about 3 hours there and even took in a Imax movie called the Magic of Flight. It was really interesting, it mainly focused on the Blue Angels. If you haven't ever seen them or the back story about the train they go through, check it out the next time you have an opportunity. We headed back to the church around dinner time. Again took care of things that needed to be done and sat down and ate our dinner together. Aunt Sharron made another great meal for us.

Now i sit here at the end of my rest day feeling very exhausted. I think i am going to take the next hour and have some Kyle downtime. Which means I am going to watch the Office and Parks and Rec from last night. Then close my eyes for a great nights worth of rest!

One day at a time folks, I have to remind myself that this is a long journey and it will not do me any good focuses on things that are out of my control. I just need to keep my shoes clipped in and my eyes on the prize and we be successful!

Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment