Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 10 - Rest Day in Clinton, LA

Today was a rest day in our schedule. These days are great for us to regroup and prepare for the next 4 days. I had a great nights sleep in the bed and breakfast here in Clinton, LA. After breakfast I had some time to Skype with my wife and kids for a few minutes. I love being able to do this and I try to do it as much as possible.
We split up the duties and got to work. Even though it is a rest day there are certain things we need to get done for the next stretch. I went ahead and took the laundry duty. The B&B has a washer and 2 dyers so I was able to do everything in house. Shannon is our mechanic and took care of our bikes for us. They are all cleaned up and ready to roll in the morning. Shane was here and there taking care of all the business side of things. Bill and Jerry cleaned the SAG vehicle out and vacuumed the RV. It was much more efficient on our second rest day since everyone had a general idea of what needed to get done.
We finished up around noon, and Shane, Shannon and I headed to downtown Clinton to find something to eat. We walked the entire city in search for food (both blocks), we finally ended up at the gas station which to my surprise it had a small kitchen in the back and made Po Boys, so I ordered a Roast Beef Po Boy!
It definitely hit the spot! On the way back we walked my the court house, and like most court house down here in the south, it was pretty impressive.

Once we returned to the house, we found a seat on the couch and kicked our feet up and watched an episode of The Pacific. This is the first time I have watched this series and it did not let me down. Once that was over I headed to my room and just relaxed all afternoon. I watched last weeks Parks and Rec. and then sleep for an hour or so.
We all sat and had dinner together and went over the game plan for the morning, I was able to Skype with my wife this evening and it was great to talk to her!
Everything is packed and ready to go in the morning! We have 4 days in row now, and we sometime on Friday we will be in Texas and have another state behind us. Unfortunately we will be in Texas a looonnnggg time! But that's okay, if it was easy we wouldn't be doing it. You see Parkinson's Disease isn't easy either, we chose this platform to bring awareness and raise money for Parkinson's because it is a challenge. If Texas takes us 3 weeks to cross, then so be it - the point will be that we crossed it on two wheels, using our legs and our heart to do it.

If you haven't check out our website yet, please do! www.popsride.com

Don't forget you can follow my tweets for more frequent updates during the day! http://twitter.com/#!/KyleRWorley

I am ready for tomorrow and for what it holds for me!

1 comment:

  1. Kyle, and you guys have very big hearts! As one who had PD, I am so grateful for what you are doing. I hope that many great things will happen as a result of POP's RIDE. Keep up the great ride!

    Carl

    ReplyDelete