Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 35 & 36 - Rest Days - Phoenix, AZ

I did my best to sleep in Saturday morning. After such an eventful day on Friday I figured I was sure to sleep well. I did sleep well, I just didn't sleep very long! I woke up at 5:30am and was just laying there thinking of all the things I needed to get done. Not long after I woke up my boys came running and jumped in to bed with my wife and I. We laid in bed for a while and finally got up and made some coffee. I thought it would be fun to run over to Dunkin Donuts and get the kids some donuts and spend some time with the family. We spent the morning doing little things like that. I had an appointment with my barber at noon, so I headed over there to get a hair cut. He took care of me and cleaned me up and I think I almost look good now!
Today was also the arrival of our new RV driver and our new cook. I like to call them my in-laws! They flew down with my sister-in-law and are with us for the week. We made a trip over to Shane's to introduce them to the mother ship and to inventory what food we had left. When we were over there we ran into my brother-in-law Mike Seeberger. We headed back to our house and Mike and I put in the making of Top Gun. It was pretty cool to see all the behinds the seen footage for the movie, we had to stop it because it was getting hard to hear. But I will definitely be watching the rest of that sometime in the near future. We had a house full of people over for dinner. It was really great to be surrounded my family and people that care for you and what you are doing. Sarah made a baked pasta dish that I ate way to much of, and my Mom brought over a lemon dessert that I again ate way to much of. I slept much better Saturday night!

Sunday I woke up again at 5:30am and decided I was going for a bike ride. My legs were stiff and I felt like i needed to do something. As I was getting ready my 5 year old came waking by and asked me what I was doing. I told him I was going for a bike ride. He asked if he could come with my me. It was early and I knew the traffic would be low so I told him to quietly go get some clothes on and we would go for a ride. I tell you it was the best hour I spent in a long time. We rode over to a canal path and rode to Rio Vista park. We talked about things, he asked me a million questions. We had a blast together. On the way back he came up with a plan, he told me that I should give him my bike when he is big enough so he could ride it. The main reason was because it had water bottle holders and his didn't. I told him it was a deal, when he was big enough he could have my bike. That made his day!

We all headed to church around 8:45am, It had been 5 weeks since I had been to my church. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I was there again. I missed the preaching, I missed the community. It just felt like I was going to a place where I was home. It was so good to give hugs and share some stories with people. Pastor D had a great sermon for us, and Brad and crew did a fantastic job of leading us in worship. It was definitely something that was missing from my life over the last while. I am excited to return to a regular church schedule in a few weeks.

We headed to grab lunch down the street from church. It was just the family and a good friend. We shared some laughs and enjoyed each others company. We all had things we needed to do in the afternoon, so we headed home as soon as our plates were clean. I headed back to Shane's to meet Jerry Hogg there. Jerry was meeting my father-in-law at the RV to give him the run down on the mother ship. I was there to help get things put away and ready for Monday morning. Things took longer then I planned in my head. A very good friend of ours at church had offered to give me a massage Sunday afternoon. She is a masseuse, so I didn't want to miss out, but when I looked at my watch and saw that I was already late I figured I should just call her and tell her I need to pass. When I called her and told her I needed to pass, she extended to offer to be available anytime I needed her to be that evening. Bless her heart, I did everything I could to finish up and get over there! I made it there just before 6pm, my body needed that massage and it felt so good. She even did a lot of stretching with me and I found some parts of my body that didn't want to stretch! But after a few minutes of being worked on, they were moving again. Thank you Lynda! You helped me relax and that was exactly what I needed yesterday!

I went home and grabbed some food and locked my self in the bedroom. Not to be anti-social, but I needed to finish repacking and I needed to go to sleep. When I final closed my eyes the only thing I remember was the alarm going off!

No comments:

Post a Comment