Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 25 - Pictures from the last 3 days.


Since we haven't had good wifi in a while, I thought I would take advantage of the signal and do a blog with some pictures. This is a quick view of what we have been seeing. Enjoy!

Here is Shannon coming off a long hill. You can see the road out ahead of us going, and going!


I found my ranch out in the middle of nowhere.


This was in a small town we rode through a few days ago. Many of these towns are like this, run down and vacant.

Amistad Reservoir - This was on Sunday the May 1st - which was cool because this was the same day my church was at men's camp out at lake Roosevelt in AZ. This reservoir reminded me of Men's camp out.




This fence was covered in boots as you can see. It was on Boot Hill! It was pretty cool, so we definitely had to stop and take a picture.

My bike needed to strike a pose! For those of you into road bikes, here you go. I am riding a Scattante frame set http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/TopCategories_10052_10551_-1, aluminum frame with carbon fork and seat stays from Performance Bikes. I am setup with Shimano 105 shifters and front derailleur. The rear derailleur is Ultegra. I have Sram Rival compact crank set.  I am sitting on Brook B-17 saddle. I have been extremely happy with the bike and it performance over the last 1800 miles. I had a bike fitting at the Bicycle Vibe http://www.bicyclevibe.com/, that is the main reason that I think I am that comfortable everyday all day - that in the saddle!

This is from a restaurant in Marathon, TX. If I lived there, I would be a regular!

I always wanted to take a railroad picture. Now I can say I have.
I need one of these for the house.
We rode through some very pretty area that was near a creek. Everything was green. There was a Porsche club that rode by us. I was trying to see if any of them wanted to trade straight up? no takers.




Court house in Fort Davis, TX.

No comments:

Post a Comment